WHO WE ARE
NYSC Foundation is a Non-Governmental, Non-Political, Non-Profit and Private Sector-driven Organization, founded by former corps members who felt there is need to provide support for the continued healthy existence of NYSC Scheme and by extension, giving back to the Society.
This Foundation is duly registered with all the relevant regulatory organs of government, including the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) (RC.11,883), the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), (Special Control Unit), in accordance with the provisions of Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2011, and also with the Federal Ministry of Youth Development, its supervisory agency.
The core aims and objectives of the Foundation are to mobilize resources to support NYSC activities and programs as well as to empower ex-corps members who have potential for entrepreneurship.
This Foundation facilitates the actualization of the following desired end-states:
- Fostering of healthy integration amongst ex-corps members for the purpose of advancing the course of National Unity.
- Accommodating and representing a multiplicity of interests, ranging from unity generation amongst serving/ex-corps, non-corps membership and family circles;
- Developing and generating team work and team spirit across the board;
- Designing and developing models to assist growth and development through the NYSC and NYSC Foundation’s expansionist programs, including youth employment schemes’ generation;
- Building capacity for small-holder business generation (Entrepreneurial development),
THE SEVERAL WAYS WE HELP
On this philosophy stands the Foundation to include not only the ex-corps members in her membership but also Corporate bodies, government agencies and non-ex corps members who wish to identify with the Foundation through donations.
You may wish to support our ideals by donating to our course.
Building Corpers’ Lodges
As part of her desire to provide an enabling environment for serving corps members, the Foundation has completed, commissioned and handed over a habitable Corpers, Lodge in Jos, Plateau State to the NYSC Scheme. This beautifully landscaped Lodge can accommodate about 200 corps members at a time. It has a borehole and a sit-out leisure/relaxation shed.
The Foundation intends to replicate this kind and noble gesture in all States of the country and the FCT.
Focusing on Serving Corps member in Rural Communities
It is very worrisome that most of the corps members posted to rural communities for their national service lack some basic amenities, therefore, exposed to all sorts of diseases and hazards. This tends to portend great danger to their bright future.
This Foundation, after careful analysis of the scenario, decided to take the bull by the horn by seeking ways of addressing this life-threatening issues by resolving to provide:
- Mobile clinics/First aid facilities to corps members serving in rural communities;
- Borehole/Portable water;
- Welfare for the sick and the physically challenged corps and ex-corps members;
- Support to other Community-Driven Development projects and programmes (Agro-Allied and Rural Development Projects inclusive).
The frightening growing rate of youth unemployment and its attendant consequences on the socio-economic development of Nigeria, caused the Board of Trustees of the Foundation to launch an Empowerment Scheme to empower ex-corps members who identify with the Foundation to be self-employed and by extension, employers of labour.
The Foundation is not unmindful of the state of some of the orientation camps. This propelled it to provide some facilities to orientation camps to improve the living conditions of the corps members during camp.
Entrenching mutual assistance for the good of society
To promote the well-being of ex-corps members through skills acquisition and entrepreneurship and the institutional re-strengthening of the NYSC Scheme.
“Support for Service”